Monday, May 13, 2013

Church Post Postponed Due To Rambling Sleep Deprived Child



That feels better...stretching my head.
That feels better now that I'm sitting down.
That feels better when I see your graham crackers.
I want cheese.
When I touch your computer buttons that means I want cheese.
Now I'm standing up.
Now I'm up.
Ha. Ha. Ha.
(child pretends to pick apples off imaginary trees)
Ooo...a red apple.
Look at all the tiny apples.
(repeats the words "tiny apples" over and over and over)
No. Not that song. That song is not a good song.
(The theme from Titanic"My Heart Will Go On" as covered by Kenny G has come up on my "Go The Fuck To Sleep" playlist.)
Tomorrow I'm going to steal your office!!!!
I'm going to blow you up tomorrow!
(rolling on the floor singing "ooooooo")
You are so mean today!
Tomorrow I'm going to let you be nice.
My eyes are watering because of you!
(rambles for 15 minutes)
I hate you.
Wow. You got new tattoos.



AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Children. Precious gifts from God they are. Just. Precious.

I can't really blame the poor thing. When I get sleepy I get super mean and say all kinds of crazy stuff too. I'm just sitting here saying nothing by the way. I'm sleep deprived myself at the moment. Though I tried a few calming interventions - back rubbing, foot massage, head scratching, deep pressure - eventually I just gave up, remained present, listened to his rambles and tried to contain my giggles.


So...
There will be no blog today. I can't think under these circumstances.
Perhaps tomorrow. Perhaps Wednesday.
If I make it to Wednesday.
Who needs a drink?

I guarantee 20 seconds into Kenny G you will.


















See you when I see you.



No comments:

Post a Comment